View Single Post
Old 01-01-2011, 10:25 AM
G.r.eg M@r.t.i.n

Based on all the information obtained from everyone, it appears all the packages were pre-scanned that day to save time. The delivery of the package in question may or may not have happened. If it was removed from my box, it was done by a non resident who happened to hit other boxes as well, one of which was a lie by the carrier. It would have been difficult to do that here, resident or not.

The postmaster misled me because she knew I wouldn't know what she was talking about. She knew scans were improperly done. She and the carrier said the postmaster was searching for the scanning information and having trouble finding it.

The carrier lied to me when she said my in-laws (not knowing I knew them) did not receive a mail order purchase, just like me. She also said other residents in this two street neighborhood also did not receive packages. I'll find out what else she lied about. My living is comprised of such.

I'll follow up with what's been mentioned here.

I like UPS tracking. It includes each and every stop, from origin to destination. Fedex may be like that, but I have little experience with them. No offense to any one USPS employee, but the USPS lacks accountability, period.

I could have received a Paypal refund from the seller on this one because the scanned as delivered was not done at my mailbox or front door. This is based on the postmaster comment, the carrier comments, and our factual knowledge of the time of her daily delivery to my street. It was fraudulently scanned as delivered, which should be some sort of USPS standard operating procedure violation.

A note on "free shipping"

Not sure I'm a fan because the type of packaging and method of delivery will probably be poor. I purchased an ungraded '33 Goudey single and subsequently received it in a letter envelope. This seller said he mailed the E90 in an 8X10 envelope. Sellers need to put themselves in the shoes of mail carriers, especially lazy ones, and have knowledge of mailbox sizes. When I told the carrier it was in an 8x10 package, she immediately asked me if it was marked do not bend; I don't know, show me the package!

When the carrier lied about my in-laws package woes, she said "the company" is replacing her stuff. I told her the USPS needs to replace mine but this can't be replaced, so they need to pay for it. Chuckling, she said not unless insured. Chuckle, chuckle.....

I'll be following up. Thanks for all the information.