Thread: Post national
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2017, 08:08 AM
Rick McQuillan

Default National

You also have to factor the "experience" of the National. For instance, I can play a round of golf at my local golf course for twenty bucks, but every once in a while a like to go to a different course, a nicer course, in a different city. That round of golf may cost me $100, but it is worth it to me because of the "experience" of a better course.

It is the same thing with the National. When I go to the National, I know there will be a lot of nice cards, dealers from across the country, and if I have to pay more for a card, then that it OK. I don't have to buy a card, but I usually do make some purchases. I could have gone to a local show, but the chances of finding a card that fits my collection is almost zero.

Between hotel, transportation, food, etc., my trip cost me $725, not counting the cost of the cards that I purchased. I could have stayed home and found some cards on eBay and added $725 worth of cards to my collection, but eBay is available every day, and the National only occurs once per year.

Sometimes you have to quit looking at your cards as a business or an investment, and just have some fun. If you find a card that fits your collection and you really want it, who cares if the card is priced over "book value" or SMR or VCP? Buy it and enjoy it, and if you decide to sell it in a few years, you may lose a few bucks, but that is OK.

Rick
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Coupon Type 1 Byrne.jpg (57.7 KB, 518 views)

T213-2 139 down 46 to go.