View Single Post
Old 04-03-2018, 06:02 PM
Robert Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by JollyElm View Post
Hey Bobby,

(BTW, let me jump on the Bobby train for a moment. I was a part of his bulk submission last fall and he was unbelievably organized and on top of everything. He answered all questions/concerns in a straightforward manner--in other words, no BS-- and the whole process went as smoothly as possibly. He truly goes waaaaaaay out of his way to help all of us out and make these efforts successful. I big-time tip my hat to him.)

Can you give us a little statement about value with regards to the $17 special? As you said, it's about how much PSA would refund you if they damage your cards, but how far can that be stretched? Maybe try to sum it up as clearly as possible from your perspective? I am certain that there are quite a few people like me out there who are confused by the parameters of the deal. For instance, if someone has a Mantle card that would clearly be 'worth' more than $500 after it is graded, could they still submit it and write down the value as $499? I guess the real question here is, how far can one go in sort of trying to buck the system?

And a random question about two cards: Would a 1963 Fleer Checklist and a 1967 Topps #128, Ed Spiezio with part of his name missing on front, fit into the cheaper category, or would they have to be submitted at the $17 level? There always seems to be a lot of gray area with these types of things.

Thanks!!
Darren...you can fudge a little....but do you REALLY want to be reimbursed "only" $500 if you have a $3,000 Mantle?? My best advice is to be realistic in what it is worth....For example..I'm submitting a Rose rookie. It might be worth $600....but DEFINITELY worth $500....I'm submitting it at $500. You can fudge, but I would only fudge what you are comfortable with. No $3,000 Mantles....a $600 or $700 is probably OK. As far as the last two, I'm not familiar with them, but I wouldn't think either one is worth more than $100, so they can go bulk.