View Single Post
Old 09-14-2007, 07:44 AM
Administrator

Default Since Steve Murray Suggested It...Introducing ourselves

Posted By: John Harrell

I'm a 61 year old experimental psychology professor, married for 30 years with two grown daughters. My collecting interests are primarily in the color 30's sets, of which I have completed a fair number. I collect only beater condition cards, which allows me to complete sets (or at least complete minus most Ruths and Gehrigs). I also am working on 205's and a 48 thru 80 run of Bowman and Topps sets. I've been collecting for about 20 years, starting with a shoe box (yes, I said a shoe box) of cards from my childhood that somehow survived the years.

In addition to collecting cards, I garden, study Civil War history, especially the western campaigns on which I have taught several con ed classes, and sing renaissance music with my church choir. This choir is truly unique in that we have one of the country's most accomplished organists and composer for our director. Most of the works we perform are 16th and 17th century and quite challenging, especially for someone who is not a professional musician.

My fantasy is, after retirement, to spend a chunk of time at spring training with my old college roommate, who is retiring at about the same time. A couple of old farts with a beer and a dog.

Glad to see this come up again. Thanks for the post Peter