View Single Post
Old 03-02-2007, 06:47 PM
Administrator

Default Hows this for an auction item description?

Posted By: Judge Dred (Fred)

The item description below has fluff in it but it also indicates that this PSA4 card has a small spot of paper loss. There is a large scan that goes along with this item description. THIS IS WHAT I LIKE!!! Large scans, disclose defects that you wouldn't expect to be consistent with the grade and you have yourself a good item description. This is in the Huggins and Scott auction. No, it's not mine. I'm looking for an N162 Brouthers but I want one without any paper loss. Bottom line is that if I bid and won the card and found the paper loss I'd be a bit disappointed.

Kudos to H & S!

Description

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Regarded by many as the greatest batsmen of the Nineteenth Century, the offered 1888 Goodwin Champions N162 Dan Brouthers is a fine representation of the slugger. Having been deemed "4" by PSA, this mid-grade beauty features the Detroit star in the midst of a lengthy career. With only a spot of paper loss on the reverse, the surface has consistent wear for the technical grade. The caption of Brouthers is detailed and displays quite well. A significant piece from a preeminent