View Single Post
Old 05-01-2017, 12:51 PM
Orlando Rodriguez

Default 1907 Ty Cobb Rookie Postcard Run Complete

Last night I was fortunate enough to buy the final card I needed to complete the 1907 Cobb Rookie Postcard run. This was a challenging undertaking since four of the seven cards have a known population of 11 or less. When I first bought the Dietsche batting (the first one I bought), I got buyer's remorse before the card even arrived in the mail. "I don't collect postcards! What the heck am I doing?" Well, that changed very quickly. As I fell in love with the big bold images, I learned more about these rare and beautiful Cobbs. I realized that they were no different than baseball cards, just bigger, and often nicer pictures. Heck, most prewar cards don't even have stat backs or bios anyway (the Dietsche actually do). So I searched high and low, and with the help of some great members on n54, was able to complete this run. I own other Cobb postcards that I love as well, but here is the 1907 Run: Dietsche Batting and Fielding, Wolverine News Batting and Pose, Novelty Cutlery, HM Taylor, and the newest one, the Detroit Seemless Steel Tubes. The Steel Tubes has some bad toning, but is actually the highest graded of the four known specimens. The only way I can post on this site is in collage format, so I did the best I could.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2E67B579-93F7-420D-8C8A-7B84C737C1C6.jpg (71.2 KB, 476 views)

Last edited by orly57; 05-01-2017 at 01:22 PM.