View Single Post
Old 01-11-2012, 05:09 PM
Ted Zanidakis

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctownboy View Post
Doug Goodman and Ted Z,

3) Putting faith in Ted Williams judgement during the later years of his life is something I wouldn't do.

Rizzuto..........and he didn't lead his league in many offensive categories (he led the AL in Sac Bunts four times but if he were such a great hitter then he should have been swinging away and advancing the runner/s' via a Hit instead of the Bunt).

David

David

1st....I would continue this discussion; however, I find your #3 statement here extremely ignorant, that this will be my last response to you on this subject.

I first met Ted Williams at a BB card show in Valley Forge, PA in 1984 and had a tremendous 40-minute conversation with him. Subsequently, I've met Ted
on several occasions in Cooperstown on HOF weekend (every year since the early 1980's, I have set-up at the BB card show there on HOF weekend). The
Summer of 1997 was the last time I met Ted in Cooperstown. Ted was his usual enthusiastic and friendly self. He was holding court with his numerous fans,
who had gathered around him. He loved to talk Baseball and respond to many questions thrown at him.

Now, let me see....didn't the Veterans Committe elect Phil Rizzuto for the HOF in 1993 ?

Ah yes, I was there to hear Phil's ceremonial speech in the Summer of 1994.

I'm asking you....have you ever met Ted Williams in person ?

I would be surprised if you did, because you appear to be totally uninformed with the statement of yours.

2nd....what the hell do you have against BUNTS ? Rizzuto was the quintessential team player. As a lead-off guy he would do whatever it took to start an
inning going by getting on base. You have completely dismissed his WALKS stat. From 1949 - 1953, Phil averaged 74 Walks / year. Furthermore, between
his Hits, Walks, and his keen running ability, he averaged approx. 100 RUNS / year during those "dynasty" years.

Hey guy, I remember seeing Mickey Mantle bunting on many an occasion. It has become a lost art in BB today.

TED Z