View Single Post
Old 11-27-2008, 12:03 PM
Administrator

Default did anyone (else) buy fenway park seats from the red sox seat sale??

Posted By: kg

they were $795 a pair, which i thought was a bit pricey at the time--but theve been selling on ebay in the 1200-1300 range, so if i ever decide to sell them (although i most likely wont), i'm sure i can get my money back (and then some)--a week after i bought them in late september someone sold a pair of them on ebay for over $2500 (and the seller didnt even have the seats in hand yet as the red sox didnt start shipping them until just over a week ago).

and jim: when and where did u get your garden seats how much did u pay for them?? i attended the boston garden auction in september 1996 and i was looking through the lelands catalog from that auction just the other day--i even kept track of what everything sold for while i was at the aution--its amazing how inexepensive so much of the stuff in that auction sold for--of course, i was only 27 back then and $500 for a pair of old wooden seats seemed a bit pricey at the time--but now, 12 years later, i wish i had bought a whole row of them!!!!