View Single Post
Old 08-04-2018, 10:47 AM
Ju$tin D@v3n.por+

Quote:
Originally Posted by bounce View Post

My wandering then led me to this. Certainly one of the more interesting items I've seen at the show, and I feel like maybe this is one of those odd collections that just about anyone could start - signed coasters? That's a Wilt Chamberlain in case you don't know, and someone actually paid PSA to slab the thing. To each their own, and no I did not purchase this - in fact I forgot to ask the price, I should do that tomorrow.
[]
I have a good feeling that's actually an item on my want list as they are not uncommon. If you asked to see the obverse, it is most likely a coaster from Wilt's restaurant which is a cool basketball design with the restaurant title. The bummer is that most examples are signed on the reverse like this one as Wilt logically would for legibility as the design is dark. I have always wanted one ( at a reasonable price, which is always the problem isn't it?) that is signed on the design for display purposes.

It is labeled as a "cut" so it might also be just cut in a circle for some weird reason, but if it is one the coasters, I think you'll think it's nifty.

Player collecting - Lance Parrish, Jim Davenport, John Norlander.

Successful B/S/T with - Highstep74, Northviewcats, pencil1974, T2069bk, tjenkins, wilkiebaby11, baez578, Bocabirdman, maddux31, Leon, Just-Collect, bigfish, quinnsryche...and a whole bunch more, I stopped keeping track, lol.

Last edited by JustinD; 08-04-2018 at 10:49 AM.