View Single Post
Old 12-24-2017, 09:12 AM
Яоь

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookiemonster View Post
So I recently seen a t206 Wagner on instagram that that was ungraded. I don’t know who the owner is or if it was ever graded. But it got me thinking, how many grails are out there that have never been graded. I’m not talking about a undiscovered treasure trove of high grade stars. I’m talking about card that has been pass around ( or in a private collection)in the hobby for years of very high value.

Here is a card from the original post.
That's a good question. Last month I went to a baseball card show (just because I have not been to one in 12 years or so) and looking for a vintage table/dealer. There was ONE but he had some nice stuff, both pre-and post-war (mostly post-). An older gentleman along with his son came up to the table. He handed the dealer a RAW 51 Bowman Mantle that was carried in his pocket that was slipped between other loose cards (they looked post-war) and was wondering what it was worth. The dealer measured it and looked at it through the loop. There was aging, corners weren't rounded, but not perfect either. Not sure if there was a crease. But the dealer seemed interested and gave the guy his business card.

So there may be gems out there that are not encased but kept deep in a private collection.

The border colors on that Wagner seem "off" to me. I'm no expert, but I have seen my share of T206s up close an in hand in all conditions and that one doesn't look kosher. I may be wrong but my instinct tells me better safe than sorry.