View Single Post
Old 05-30-2019, 04:19 PM
∆|@π ¢h3π

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goudey77 View Post
Thanks for your thoughtful response. I will humbly say that I have no opinion on what tolerances should be acceptable. I'm not going to be the card gatekeeper when it comes to conservation/restoration topics. I'm just a consumer like 99% of us are.

I leave this matter to the TPG's. I've seen the other threads kind of evolve over the last few days and it's refreshing to see people seeing the light that this at it's core is a problem with our TPG system and reliability.

I've said it numerous times. TPG's need to step it up and update their stance on the topic. Either do what CGC does and start a service for grading restored examples and clearly define the difference. Have a stance.
I appreciate your reply, but it’s nonsensical. You can’t have it both ways. You can’t defer to TPGs on what constitutes unacceptable alteration and then criticize them for their outdated stance. They have a stance, you just don’t agree with it.

It’s obvious that you do have an opinion about what should be tolerated. After all, you started an entire thread about it. You sketched out the contours of what you think their stance should be - PWCC’s newly articulated one, as far as I can tell.

And to take a step back, I also find it difficult to believe that you think so little of us collectors (or consumers as you put it), that we lack the agency to help set where the red line is in our own hobby. These “gatekeeper” companies exist at our pleasure, as I hope they’re all soon finding out. In fact, I thought you were calling on everyone to have an opinion and make it known so we can achieve a new, better understanding.

I find it impossible to believe that you, as a person who collects baseball cards, have absolutely no opinion on whether trimming a baseball card constitutes acceptable behavior. That seems disingenuous.

Thanks again!

Last edited by RiceBondsMntna2Young; 05-30-2019 at 04:23 PM.