View Single Post
Old 02-19-2018, 05:20 AM

Default To crack or not to crack...

Anybody on the edge whether to crack their graded cards or not?...

Right now I am so close to doing it, but don't know whether to. I know there is that discussion about the investment aspect, etc... but man, flipping through these graded cards mixed with my raw cards is bugging me... I like uniformity. A Majority of my prewar are a group of 75 T206's and 80 T205's... about a dozen of these are graded; most of these cards are LOW grade.
I know people are going to ask whether these are for investment or for fun.. not an easy question to answer. In reality, I see it as a hobby just for fun, but down the road I could see the drawback of it from the investment side of it.

Another thing to note is my T206 Cobb, Lajoie, C.Young are raw, but T206 Walsh, Crawford, Willis are graded... so there's always the possibility to getting the Cobb, Lajoie, C.Young graded to add uniformity to the HOF's. What I might decide is crack everything, but keeping the labels for reference.

Nothing is higher than VGEX 4 (for the graded)

Sorry for the rant, I thought posting this and seeing other's thoughts would ease my mind

Last edited by jasonc; 02-19-2018 at 05:21 AM.