View Single Post
Old 01-20-2015, 02:41 PM
Bill Gregory

Welcome to the forum, John. My name is Bill. Very nice to meet you! If there is anything I can help you with, please don't hesitate to ask. Feel free to PM me any time you like. I usually reply within a day.

Great choice on dem Bums. I'm a Brewers and Braves fan by birth, but I have developed a love for the Pirates, as well as the Brooklyn Dodgers. Have you seen the excellent HBO Documentary The Ghosts of Flatbush? I do not believe it is available commercially, but I am hoping HBO Sports will make it available soon. There are a lot of documentaries they need to release on DVD/Blu Ray, including the Ted Williams one, this one on the Dodgers, the Vince Lombardi doc, and the excellent one on Joe Namath.

You might look at the '53 Bowman set, too. Some beautiful Dodgers in there. I just started working on the set. The only one I have thus far is the "Oisk".

You've picked a couple of great sets to collect if you like the Dodgers. I look forward to seeing what you pick up. Good luck, and happy collecting!

BTW, come on over to the post war board.

Bill

Great transactions with: piedmont150, Cardboard Junkie, z28jd, t206blogcom, tinkertoeverstochance, trobba, Texxxx, marcdelpercio, t206hound, zachs, tolstoi, IronHorse 2130, AndyG09, BBT206, jtschantz, lug-nut, leaflover, Abravefan11, mpemulis, btcarfagno, BlueSky, and Frankbmd.