View Single Post
Old 08-15-2017, 12:18 AM
Bob Davies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bliggity View Post
I'm a hopelessly undisciplined set collector, in that I collect too many sets at once that it makes completion of any unrealistic given my budget.
I can so relate. I purchase anything that seems to be a good deal in any sport and non sport area. Completion of anything seems foreign to me. Whenever I finish a set, I review it and always find something to improve on.

I am primarily a set collector. Nothing modern.

I have started pretty much every regular issue hockey set. Even when I finish one, I have this nasty habit of going over them and then looking to upgrade.

Any Canadian Football regular issue. One of the sets that I'll never complete is the 1962 Master set in panels. Tough, and I'll never finish as nobody is 100% sure of how many actual combinations there are. Right now I have at least one of every number in at least one panel.

Non sports sets from the 60's and the late 50's.

I managed to pick up an Ex-Mt 1952 Topps Mathews $407, and a VG Mays. Now I'm toying with starting that set. Currently looking for a mid grade Robinson and Campanella. If I do that, and decide to go after a Mantle, my guess is I'll take that one on.

Fortunately I am more focussed professionally than I am with my hobby.