View Single Post
Old 01-22-2011, 02:17 PM
JeR@Me

Default Type 1's

Leon - You are right... Time marches on but you don't see Type 1's come around hardly at all. I was able to pick up this little raw beauty last month and when you say they are thin, you just can't realize how thin until you hold it in your hand. As thin as a piece of paper, which I think is amazing in itself, that any survived in decent condition. We have discussed before that a Vg-Ex still remains the highest condition card known, which I am still hopefull one day a pack fresh coupon will be found that was stuck in a book right after the first smoke was lit! Could be the only Type 1 anomoly in condition out there... My hope remains, just see what a card like that would look like... Perhaps, the gent that owns a whole set might have one in better shape than vg-ex !? I have been collecting the 1's for 10 years and maybe 1 or 2 Southern Leaguer's come up for sale a year, so I think these rascals are forgotten, and pushed aside due to how hard it would be to piece a set or sub-set together....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Roy Ellam T213-1-Reverse.jpg (70.5 KB, 908 views)
File Type: jpg Roy Ellam T213-1.jpg (33.6 KB, 904 views)