View Single Post
Old 12-17-2009, 04:47 AM
Banned

Wow, Bruce, where to start?

I read your last post three times in an effort to decipher what you're trying to say. I'll respond the best I can.

I think you're offering to mail me photos of your collection if I pay you $25,000? Bruce, I've never asked you to post anything from your collection. Frankly, your collection matters little to me. I merely explained above one of the ridiculous reasons you've given for not posting photos of the items you say you own.

As for me selling you items: About two years ago, before I learned more about you and your comical reputation on the board, I sold you a complete set of Sports Scoops magazines. The price was less than $300. It took you more than two weeks to mail your check to me.

Earlier this year, you were the high bidder on a hobby periodical once owned by Buck Barker that I posted on the B/S/T's auction section. The sale price was $26. After 10 days of the auction ending, your payment had not arrived.

After two e-mails to you went unanswered, you finally explained that your "assistant" addressed the envelope incorrectly and the letter was returned to you. You said that payment would be overnighted to me. Six days later your check finally arrived. Unfortunately, by then I had misplaced the periodical (and still haven't found it, gosh darn it), so I could not complete our deal. I returned your check, with an apology, along with a first-class stamp to refund the postage it cost you to mail the letter.

Bruce, I welcome you to challenge me on the accuracy of what I've described. I've kept every e-mail you've ever sent me (you can do that, you know) and have documented both transactions in which you've been slow to deliver payments of relatively modest amounts. At least one other respected board member has posted of a similar experience with you.

So, bottom line: I've sold you one item ... ever. None in 2009. Bruce, you've misstepped here. Badly.

Finally, I'm not sure where I stated that money is not important to me, as you ascertain. But, honestly, you criticizing anyone about their regard for money is the perfect example of the pot calling the kettle black.

Congratulations in advance for the six deals that no doubt will result from this post, allowing you to buy ultra-high-grade, rare items for mere pennies on the dollar.

Last edited by Rob D.; 12-17-2009 at 05:12 AM.