View Single Post
Old 04-27-2015, 06:31 PM
Al

thanks guys for your responses i appreciate it. i wanted to clarify one thing. my credit card debt is NOT from buying cards. it is from unexpected life emergencies and other expenses but NOT from card collecting. i was using that as a reference to explain or ask, why do i have debt but a ton of cards meaning should i sell off my collection to pay off my debt. since starting this thread i have decided to refocus and re prioritize. the first thing i did was reduce my buying/spending i have cut my buying/spending on cards by 95%! second, i made two stacks, one was a thing to sell and one was a small box that i put everything i wanted to keep. once the small box was filled, that was it everything else i am selling! looking at my pile to sale if i sold everything i will be debt free! i will now just keep a very small percentage of my current collection and sell everything else. i mentioned the tires as an example of how nice it was to sell cards to pay for items i needed. This thread has been a big eye opener on me spending less and selling more. ive sold a ton of cards already and it sure is nice to have some extra cash to pay down my debt. now i ask you, if someone offered you cash for your collection would you sell it all? i would in a heart beat sell if offered cash for my collection!!