View Single Post
Old 08-18-2009, 12:09 AM
Joe P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V117collector View Post
Not sure I undersatnd your question, but if you're referring to the #15 Stengel (short print) for a true complete set, then you're technically correct!

There's only one (short print) Stengel known to exist, owned by a unknown private collector. The card was found/sold in the early 90's which quickly became one of the hobbys true relics known as the "Maple Stengel". Most other Maple collectors consider the set complete with 29 cards for all the obvious reasons.

This is the only known scan of the Maple Stengel; (scan source) David Rudd http://www.cycleback.com/

Brad, no major problem, we're just from two different schools.
The obstacle is the check list.
Simply stated, in my school, regardless of reason, you either have the card on the list, or you don't ... that's it ..... no stories needed.

There's a member of this community, a nice guy, I'm not going to say a great guy .....
He's done a hell of a job on the T206 set, except for a few tough ones.
He keeps saying that he's tamed The Monster _ _ _ BS!
The Monster has tamed him into wanting to think that he's completed the set.

I, on the other hand, am missing one card of the known T206 frontal check list ... My set is NOT complete ... but I can live with that, because I've given it my best shot ..... and who the hell knows what may happen.

We're just from two different schools.

Whatever you do, don't start on the MONO T217 set.
You only have 25 cards to deal with, but you'll be dealing with it for the rest of your life.
I'm up to 20, with 8 dupes ... I started in the 1980's.

Lot's of luck with whatever set you choose, but above all ... be honest with yourself.