View Single Post
Old 01-05-2016, 10:30 AM
j'a'y mi.ll.e.r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhibitman View Post
I'd say that the winner needs to be created to stand alone as a card rather than being the detritus of another use so I'd DQ the tickets and programs and the like. Great stuff to be sure but not really cards. I'd also DQ cdvs made on commission and for personal uses. It has to be something made for commerce. When I was trying to ID the 1st boxing card those were the two parameters I followed.
Certainly a legitimate point of view. An equally legitimate definition is expressed in the rookie card listing which was published on this site. Under that definition, items such as woodcuts cut from newspapers are included. I think you can go one of two ways on this. If you take a strict definition of a card, i.e. what would an average person identify as a baseball card, your answer is an N167. If you expand your definition to mine, any baseball image on cardboard (BTW, I don't think newspaper cutouts are cards) you get the circa 1860 Atlantics CdV. As we enter 2016 I think we should all strive to be more inclusive in all facets of our lives. This is why I choose the CdV.😎