View Single Post
Old 06-30-2013, 03:35 PM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

Brock:

The closest I could find is this Batter Figural Trophy (which may or may not be produced from the same mold as yours). At first, I thought the two were different, as the head appears to be looking up more on mine.

But it could just be the difference of the angles from which they were shot.... sort of a parallax view. I have two... a large and a small trophy. The large version is close to Spalding size, and the small one is the size of yours.

Sorry the pics are not more close-up. But if you look at the hand positioning (left palm down/right palm up) and the feet position (right foot up/left foot back and down, with the weight on the toe), it seems to be a potential match. Plus, the right leg is bent, and the left leg is extended back and straight. Also, the diagonal creases on the front of jersey are very similar.

If they are indeed the same, then the bat handle would have been in his left hand, and the bat barrel attached to his right shoe. Perhaps it's just a case of "close but no cigar", but thought I would post these, just to give you a frame of reference.

Hope this is somewhat helpful,
Mark
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Pre-war Pics 015.jpg (71.2 KB, 261 views)
File Type: jpg Pre-war Pics 005.jpg (71.7 KB, 260 views)