View Single Post
Old 01-26-2009, 09:24 AM
Administrator

Default Auction House Customer Service

Posted By: Bob C.

So often on the board there is way too much backbiting, insults thrown to and fro, sniping and dog piling on someone or something for indiscretions, real or perceived. Not saying it's not warranted in some cases and, I have to say, I am caught up in it from time to time. So its nice to say something nice when something nice happens.
Last Monday I received two relatively difficult pre war cards I purchased in the last Mastro auction. Cost was in the near $400 range each with the vig. Each card was graded a 6.
Looking at one of the cards, I instantly noticed a problem. I wont go into detail but it was significant and should have caused the grade to be a 2 or 3. I will also not call out the grading company, but it was one of the current top two. I went back to the Mastro site and the defect was not noticeable nor disclosed. Due to its nature, I think they just missed it.
Groaning, I emailed Doug Allen who immediately emailed back asking me to send the card to him. I received a telephone call from Dougs assistant on Thursday saying they had received the card, Doug was out of town, and he would get back to me Monday (today).
Last night, Sunday, around 9 P.M. PST I received an email from Doug who offered to refund my purchase price in full, and Mastro would address it with the grading ompany.
That folks is customer service. Thank you Doug and Mastro Auctions.