View Single Post
Old 11-11-2019, 06:22 PM
And.rew Whi.te

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baseballcrazy62 View Post
Lost my Dad on November 13 of last year. He was a proud WWll vet and never took that ball cap that said “WWll Vet” on it. Probably a bit of a homer here but his military funeral was one of the most intense I have ever attended. The flag folding ceremony done by active Navy personnel was something to see. I was privileged to deliver his eulogy. My brother also served in Vietnam as well. Thank you to all the vets for the sacrifices you made for all of us.
"On behalf of the President of the United States, the United States Navy and a grateful nation, please accept this flag as a symbol of our appreciation for your loved one's honorable and faithful service."

My dad was a Navy veteran and the only thing he ever asked for was a military funeral with the gun salute and the flag draped coffin. When I heard the above statement spoken to my mom upon the presentation of the flag I lost it. A grown 6'4, 400 pound guy crying like a baby because my dad was no longer here but more importantly, I could not be prouder of the man who he was and the fact that he served his country with such pride and honor.

My thanks to all who served.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 75424621_10221272377869186_6565982866381996032_n.jpg (51.3 KB, 92 views)

Last edited by whitehse; 11-11-2019 at 06:25 PM.