View Single Post
Old 10-25-2017, 04:30 AM
T0m C@rf@gn0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark View Post
You think you know more about evaluating baseball talent than Dreyfuss?!!! Are you familiar with his record? I don't need to read another word.
Again with the strawman.

When did I say anything about evaluating baseball talent? The words never crossed my mind, nor did they emanate from my keyboard.

What I did actually say was that we know more than Dreyfuss did 100 years ago. If that was unclear I apologise, as what I meant by it was that we understand more about the game than did Dreyfuss 100 years ago. Home runs are more important than bunts. Batting average for hitters and wins and losses for pitchers are not the best way to understand performance...that there are ways to dig deeper. That black people can play the game pretty darn well and there's no reason not to allow them to do so at the highest level. Things like that.

Not a knock on Dreyfuss at all. Just that it's 100 years later and we know and understand more now than they did then. That includes Barney Dreyfuss. Has nothing to do with talent evaluation, of which I wouldn't know the first thing. It's just a fact. After 100 years of playing the same sport with thousands of games played per year, it's fairly natural to have a better understanding.

Tom C

Last edited by btcarfagno; 10-25-2017 at 04:31 AM.