View Single Post
Old 04-20-2008, 11:44 AM
Administrator

Default Big problems in the hobby

Posted By: John

Honestly when it comes to Asia there’s not much that can be done folks.

I make my living manufacturing plastics in Asia it would be a matter of weeks and I could have copies of or “Sculpts” of any third party’s holders and slips in my hands. Then it’s just a matter of MOQ’s and you’re off to the races, then there is the whole import thing the item would have to be given a classification by customs, this is where it could get tricky getting them in to the US but not all that hard, but this only effects you if what you're sending in is more than say what could be done via Fedex etc.

The only thing stopping someone is time, connections and money. Where there’s a will there’s a way, as for companies having more secure slips (i.e. Holograms, Ink blends etc, UV watermarks) it would only help for a short time. Look at our own currency it has been changed how many times over the past few years due to counterfeit on the world market? Say for example if PSA created a new cert, as soon as someone wanted to knock it off any original cards that had that style cert would be suspect. What do you suggest we do, send our cards in each year to have the security upgraded, it’s not like we can download patches for our cards.

So I’ll ask one more time Kevin what is your solution to the problem (short of sending you our cards for your opinion) since you seem to think SGC & PSA don’t care to address this major issue? What would you do t combat the above? What measures could these companies employ that would make all of us collectors safer?

Since you’re not in this for profit anymore this would be a good place to get your message across to the heads of these companies, so what’s the plan?
Now go ahead and once again ignore my questions I’ll wait in the wings for the Wonka’s attacking you comments to roll in.

P.S. Lichtman an army of razor wearing cocks…LMAO!