View Single Post
Old 09-02-2013, 10:32 AM
Rob.ert Fra.ser

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtrain View Post
I think it has something to do with the fact that the other thread evolved into a discussion of 1990s hip hop, which I admit, I cannot appreciate. Nevertheless, I think that there has been plenty of discussion about Mr. Nash's character in the past. If Mr. Fraser would check the archives, he would see that most of us know where he is coming from. As I once posted, my family has a summer home in the Cooperstown area. Mention Nash's name to anyone who has been around Cooperstown for a few years and eyes start rolling.
Tom, did you ever visit Peter Nash's “American Baseball Archives and Wax Museum” in Cooperstown, NY? He owned the museum in 1995 and 1996 and then Nash had some type of fall out with his partners in the museum and ended up in a lawsuit with his partners. In 1996 when Nash put the 1854 Trophy Ball that he had on display at the wax museum up for auction his partners in the museum tried to stop the sale by suing Nash but the judge allowed the sale go thru. In 1996 I took a ride with Nash to Hoboken, NJ where the sale took place. The 1854 Trophy Ball sold for $72,050 which was a record selling price at the time. That same 1854 Trophy Ball is on display at the Baseball Hall of Fame in Cooperstown. Where did Peter Nash get this 1854 Trophy Ball from in the first place? Nash writes about so many other artifacts on his Hauls of Shame website but why not about this item?

Tom do you know anyone that may have a brochure of Nash's “American Baseball Archives and Wax Museum”? On the brochure it had a picture of the 1853 Knickerbockers Trophy Ball that was given to Henry Chadwick, the "Father of Baseball" which was advertised as one of the museum's main attractions. Ironically that same 1853 Knickerbockers Trophy Ball is part of a lawsuit between Corey Shanus and Robert Lifson. If you can find a copy of the brochure please post a copy of it. I think a lot of people would like to see the brochure to see some of the items Nash had in the museum. Thank you.

Last edited by Sunny; 09-02-2013 at 02:40 PM.