View Single Post
Old 08-18-2010, 02:38 PM
Chr!$ "Bubba" L@mb

I too am a power seller on Ebay and while I do agree the balance of power has shifted too far towards the buyers, the change to allow only buyers to leave negative feedback I believe is a change for the better. The problem with allowing both parties to leave negative feedback is buyers would rarely leave negatives for fear of a retaliatory negative. Now buyers are free to express their honest opinion which helps other buyers get a realistic picture of the quality of a seller.

It is frustrating to have a buyer not pay and not be able to leave them negative feedback. However, in addition to getting your fees refunded, when you file a non-paying bidder claim against a buyer it counts as a strike against them. If the buyer accumulates too many of these strikes their account is suspended or closed. As far as I can tell, Ebay does not openly say exactly what the consequences are and how many strikes it takes. If anyone knows more about this I would love to hear from them.

To the original poster there may be hope… I received an undeserved negative feedback a few months ago and the buyer has since been kicked off Ebay. A lot of people probably don’t realize this, but if a person gets kicked off Ebay ALL of their feedback (positive and negative) is removed. So I am back to 100% positive! Maybe you will have the same luck.