View Single Post
Old 12-09-2019, 06:09 PM
Ted Zanidakis

Default Reflections on 1949 BOWMAN's (25 HOFers, many Rookies)...show-N-tell us of your cards

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmysuitcase View Post
Ted, our appreciation for your wealth of knowledge is only rivaled by our appreciation for your willingness to share it. Thank you for maintaining this thread!

I have amassed 249 of the 252, and I lack three big cards (Paige, J.Robinson, Ashburn) due to budgetary constraints. I've HELD those three cards before...

I have one slate gray (a hi#) and two PCL cards as well. Roe was one of my last acquisitions, and I also had trouble for a while getting #174 Terry Moore - so much so that I sprung for a low grade dupe when I saw one pop up. The toughest variation for me to locate was Murtaugh. I also have a handful of overprinted backs, including one that features Campanella.

I put together most of my set about 15-20 years ago, picked up a smattering of cards more recently, and will likely remain stuck on 249 unless I find a low grade trader or change income tax brackets. :-)

Please keep the info flowing! I really enjoyed seeing scarcities like the baseball bank, PCL wrapper, and the uncut sheets.

-James

Hi jimmysuitcase

That's a cool name. And, thank you for all your kind words.

First, I'm curious regarding the Hi # slate card you have.... what card is it ?

Interesting to hear that the Preacher Roe card was one of your last cards. And, Terry Moore is indeed a tough card to find. I have a nice one for you, if you would like to upgrade.

Stay tuned there is more interesting things to share with you regarding these neat 1949 "gems".

TED Z

T206 Reference