View Single Post
Old 06-25-2016, 11:25 AM

Default my humble take...

If someone is willing and able to pay high prices - and does so - ok. However, it would be prudent for the buyer to realize they are paying ultra top dollar and may not get the price when they sell.

A small company stock may go for 30 cents today - and $3. tomorrow - because someone is willing to pay $3. A house listed at $265,000 may go for what seems over market $305,000 because people are willing to pay $305,000. It is a risk on the buyers part. If the economy crashes again and the $305,000. house they bought drops to $225,000. - well, ouch. Or if the now $3. stock goes bankrupt, well, thats the risk taken. There is risk of rookie cards falling - risk taken by the buyer. How much continued upside with high priced rookie cards? Nobody knows. But I remember a little saying, "buy low, sell high."

As for other potential buyers at a more reasonable price, oh well, suck it up, you may not check off much on your want list. But keep tabs on the market over the next year or two and prices may drop back down to reasonable prices again.

I totally empathize over the "missed the boat" current mentality. I didn't buy them 1-10 years ago, and I sure not buying them now. I have always opted to put my money into quality pre-war. Hopefully there will be a trickle down to the cards I like - 1920's Exhibit HOFers, Colgan's Chips, Domino Discs, Silks, Type cards of major HOFers, the occasional Playball's, and of course T206's.