View Single Post
Old 07-11-2021, 01:59 PM
Hank Thomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fballguy View Post
That's right. I will decide and every other person with a brain should too. Too many sheep in this country afraid to think on their own. But I think that will change soon. A lot of good people of all races are getting tired of the lunacy. PS...The world decided slavery was legal. And slaves were acquired from black brokers in Africa. So what exactly are you implying? I leave that rhetorical, as Mark said, there's a place for this conversation but it's probably not here.
How arrogant to claim that those who disagree with you don't have a brain, are "sheep." And who cares that you don't find the historical events being commemorated by these symbols offensive enough to warrant removal, enough others apparently do. And of course you missed my point entirely, that whatever overreaction and overreach in that regard pales in comparison to the suffering they represent. Feel free to fill your house with whatever historical representations you like, but I don't want to have to look at what you deem worthy to be celebrated in the public square.

Last edited by Hankphenom; 07-11-2021 at 02:00 PM.