View Single Post
Old 11-02-2016, 07:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71buc View Post
First time in a long time I have been able to add anything to my 1971 Bucs Collection. I picked up this gorgeous 1970-71 Gene Clines jersey from Net54 member Clint (ksfarmboy). Many thanks Clint I couldn’t be happier! As far as I can tell there are six versions of this pin and a Zum Zum vendor version. I believe that with this 2.5” pin I now have all seven. These four team issued 1971 photos bring my total to 34 different individual team members. I believe I now have all of them unless Coach Frank Oceak has a photo I am unaware of. His head shot in the Baltimore World Series program has a background all others do not. This leads me to believe that this shot was added solely for the World Series program. There may be head shots of Frank Brosseau and a Frank Tavares out there I am unaware of. Brosseau pitched two innings and faced five batters in 1971 and Taveres never came to bat and debuted on September 25th which was game #159. Due to these factors they may not have included head shots of either player. However Rimp Lanier batted four times in 1971 and there was a team issued photo featuring his image. If you have seen Brosseau and Taveres 1971 head shots I would love to hear from you!
Very cool!