View Single Post
Old 08-25-2017, 12:02 PM
Glenn
Glen.n Sch.ey-d

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1952boyntoncollector View Post
Haha.that bascially means that putting your money where your mouth means 40% of the next 5 no hitters will be in the AL....thats not a strong statement in saying that NL /AL no hitters are basically the same......If you want to go since 1973 people are saying its even basically. I was giving NL no hitters .9 of the value of AL no hitters.

I bascically tired of the almost no hitter for NL contests. Rich Hill has 2 of them in the past year. Marlins had a no hitter last game of the year by the great Henderson Alverez not long ago..and Edison Volquez this year. Its getting pretty ridiculous..

Id rather give up 1 hit then walk 4 guys with no hits..but thats another issue..
Rob's right. What you said is "far superior" not "10% better" or anything like that, and I'm perfectly happy to win the wager if the AL gives us 60% or 80% or 100% of the next 5 no-hitters, but I thought given that you were making the case that about 90% of no hitters now come from the NL that you'd have been delighted with the terms of my offer. It appears that I was wrong. No problem. If anyone else is interested though, you know where to find me. Offer stands.