View Single Post
Old 11-26-2002, 04:11 PM
Administrator

Default T206 GAI8 pack... they are getting worst now.???

Posted By: David

One last thing. I understand potential bidders worries about unopened wax packs, and see how GAI offering this holdering service is useful and perhaps even needed in this hobby.

Having said that, I wish to address potential Sweet Caporal pack tampering issues. This wax paper that covers some packs is usually both tightly sealed and VERY delicate. I don't see how someone could remove this paper and put it back on without making it look like crap.

Secondly, the tax stamp is placed on the box underneath the wax paper. So, if you should choose to remove the wax paper, the pack is still sealed.

I once had a large number of cigarette packs, including Sweet Caporal packs, that had the wax wrapping. On some I removed the wax, simply because the colors/graphics underneath were brighter without the muting paper. I sold sealed packs with and without wax paper, and the price was not effected one way or the other. However, I knew these packs were Post-T206 and clearly stated that to potential bidders and buyers. So they were buying them as pretty display pieces, not find a Honus Wagner.