View Single Post
Old 05-25-2008, 07:55 AM
Administrator

Default Reach baseball ball question

Posted By: Rob

Hi guys, a friend of mine had a grandfather - born in 1914 - who played amatuer ball in Massachusetts - George Wiliam "Bill" Burns. My friend found an old scrapbook of his grandfathers from the '30s that had boxscores + photos from just about every game he played. He seemed to be a pretty good 2B and I think in the late 30s tried out for the St Louis Cardinals and made a few cuts but didn't make it all the way.

Anyway, he also found some baseballs along with his grandfathers stuff, one of which is signed by Walter Johnson. It looks to be on an unused Reach baseball with the multi-color stitching and is still in the original Reach box. So two questions ...

1) Can you please point me to some websites that shows Reach balls and what the boxes looked like, so we can try to see what year it may be from?

2) Whats a good way to store the ball - either for display and non-display options. Whats a reputable place to buy quality ball-holders that are UV protected etc.

thanks guys, I'm clueless when it comes to memorabilia so I knew ya'll would have some good ideas. He hasn't taken any pics of the ball, but if I can get some pics I'll post them. The ball is really clean and it'd be great if we could somehow put a year on it.

Rob