View Single Post
Old 01-09-2008, 04:03 AM
Administrator

Default PSA counterfeit cards!!! Beware

Posted By: Craig

Recently purchased 14 cards from a person in California that was advertising on Craigslist. Cards were supposed to be graded PSA cards. I resold some on Ebay and one was questioned by the buyer and returned. I sent that one along with 2 others from the lot to PSA for examination. They called on 1/7/07 to confirm that the cards as well as the PSA labels were fakes. All buyers of the cards I sold had been notified and have been refunded or are in the process of being refunded and are sending the cards back. My Ebay id is c.e.heafield and some of the cards can be viewed in my feedback. The FBI has been contacted and a case has been opened to try to nail this guy. As of January 2nd he had posted a new ad on New Yorks Craigslst for the same cards again. Cards I purchased were 1933 Goudey Ruth #53 PSA 5, T206 Cobb Re portrait PSA 6,t206 Cobb Bat on PSA 6,1933 Goudey Lou Gehrig #92 PSA6,1934 Goudey Gehrig PSA5, 1952 Bowman Mantle PSA 6, 1954 Aaron (2) Psa7 and one PSA 6,1955 Clemente PSA6, (3) 1956 mantle PSA 7. He had also offered a 1951 PSA4 Bowman Mantle,but we didn't come to terms. Cards looked alright to the naked eye,but under aloop the cards and labels looked questionable. Do not trust the cert.#'s, I checked them all on PSA's website prior to purchase and they all came up right. Who knows how many of these cards are out there,so look out.