View Single Post
Old 09-01-2016, 10:38 AM
pariah1107

Quote:
Originally Posted by slidekellyslide View Post
I know I have an advanced copy of this fine book, but it occurred to me that I'd rather have the finished product for my bookshelf.

Only 6 left now.

Thank you for writing this book, Ty.
You're welcome Dan, it was truly a pleasure working on this project with so many great people. I now know why it took 100 years to write this story, incredibly complex. It's difficult to summarize the career of a man who played for more than 100 different teams in his career, 3, 4, sometimes 5 in a single season. Thank you for your and net54's support in this endeavor. Tracking info on the bay.

I was cleaning out my Claxton file box this past week when I found the first early "treatment" of the book (about 30 pages in length). Looking back it is hilariously unintelligible, and in some places wrong. So many edits and rewrites over the past few years. There are 6 or 7 advance copies floating around, mostly in the hands of those who contributed images or research to the project. I'm pretty sure you have one of the best, and last pre-publication examples out there, though if memory serves there was still plenty of work to be done

Last edited by pariah1107; 09-21-2016 at 06:13 PM.