View Single Post
Old 10-13-2006, 08:44 PM
Administrator

Default Brian Cataquet (tobeeecat)

Posted By: Cy

My comments are stated not to take sides with David or Brian. I am just posting this to give food for thought.

You cannot expect the card to be a graded card when you buy it raw. If you are buying a raw card, that is what you get. How many of you have bought a raw card graded VG then sent it in for grading and got back a grade that raised the value significantly? Did you then "do the right thing" and send the seller his cut of the increased value? If you aren't going to give up the extra value if it grades higher, then don't expect anything else if it grades lower.

I am one of the few people here who actually likes raw cards. I read on the board where people stated "Why buy a raw card when you can get one graded?" Well, you buy a raw card because you may get a gem that is missed by collectors who only buy graded cards. I am lucky enough to have had Brian Weisner assist me in buying quite a few raw cards a few years back and we got some great deals. But I have also bought cards that were not as nice on other buys. You take the bitter with the sweet when you chance a raw card on ebay.

If you think I am totally wrong, I understand. That is a valid judgement. But the next time you buy a raw card and you send it in for grading and it jumps two grades, do the right thing, send the seller his cut. Or don't complain when it comes back two grades lower.

Sincerely,

Cy