View Single Post
Old 09-06-2018, 02:09 AM
Lonnie Nagel

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcv123 View Post
I know people who have had their accounts "locked" due to a buyer dispute. Yep. Couldn't touch their paypal account until it was resolved. Haven't heard about a situation like that in a while, but....... I usually keep up to a couple k in there. Bank account linked - careful with my passwords.

At one point I had my eBay account set to automatically pull from my PP account (no password required) which automatically pulled from my Bank Account.... so you can guess what happened next...

My eBay account got hacked and someone tried to buy a 1 ounce gold bar and have it auto paid from my PP Account.

For all of it's faults eBay - eBay was vigilant enough to stop the transaction and lock my eBay Account because the buyer tried to change the Ship To Address - Kudos to eBay

SO rude awakening for me - spent several days asking myself "WTF are doin?" - I'm an IT guy for many years - and know better - yet still happened.

Strong Passwords on both PP and Bank Account - not so much on eBay Account and there you have the weakest link.

So the bigger question is not whether you leave money in PP account - but how you have all of the stuff linked. If you have the box checked to allow eBay to automatically debit your PP account on purchases - you probably want to rethink that.

PP and Bank Account are pretty much the same thing to me (although there is a case for transferring $ back to interest bearing account)

This was a great "no cost" life lesson for me - (and you don't get many mulligans on those)