View Single Post
Old 07-24-2019, 08:51 PM
Ben
ben tay/lor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny630 View Post
Let’s hope not I know the rooms are always loaded with unscrupulous vest pocket dealers who would steal the shoelaces off your shoes to make a buck. I was getting worried that this location was in the hood or something....I’ve never been to Chicago or Rosemont.
Johnny,
I work for the village and I can assure you that the DESCC and the nightclub district are far, far safer than any district in Chicago. In addition to the many uniformed auxiliary police (carrying), there are a slew of plainclothes roaming. Rosemont has made strides over the past two decades to make itself a destination for conventions and tourists, and it puts in heavy resources to protect the investment, and the reputation. All summer long, there are free outdoor concerts for all ages. There is an IL minor league baseball team, the Chicago Dogs. There's a free shuttle-you can visit all these places without walking too much. There's a Capital Grille, Gibson's and Morton's right by the DESCC, all upscale places.

Pickpockets? You'd have to be nuts to try it. There's nowhere to run...you have a small egress (not counting wired fire doors) and you have to go down one of the slowest escalators I know of. You could maybe run the breezeway to the garage, but there's cops all over the place. Since it's a municipal building, I'm sure they'd think up a slew of additional charges for attempting such a thing