View Single Post
Old 08-04-2014, 08:11 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordstan View Post
It seems that those that are "skeptical" want answers now that they don't have yet. They can't know the costs of each entry until they figure out the cost of the set, the mailing costs, and whatever percentage they are getting for all the time and labor to run it. I don't see how difficult this is to grasp. To go one step further, Nick and Leon have committed to letting everyone know how much the set costs and how much their "fees" will be. While I don't know Nick, I do believe Leon's reputation is such, that his word should be good enough for everyone here.

I would think it's fairly obvious that details like, which set, in which grade, for how much per chance, makes all the difference in the world on whether any one of us would want to participate. If they get a 1933 Goudey set in PSA 8 and ask for $10 an entry, I'm sure every person on this board, card collector or not, would want an entry. On the other hand, if it's a 1960 Topps set in PSA 3 for $40 an entry, I'm sure very few would be interested.

I took this post as a tool to measure the interest level of the board for this type of activity, not asking for commitments and promises from any one person. In this type of post, I think they are simply looking for a "Yes, I would be interested in participating if I agree to all the final rules/pricing" number of possible participants.

As for me, I may be willing to participate in this type of activity as I did in the Kreindler raffle. I would be more likely to do so for an older set, even if that meant the per entry price is higher. The chance to possibly win a Lou Gehrig card would be pretty exciting for me.

Mark
100% correct Mark. I stand by my transparency motto on all of this. I stand by my offer of giving 100% of my proceeds to a dog (or other animal cause) in the North Texas area and will report back on it. I love helping our animal friends and almost nothing makes me happier. Really, the only thing now is to determine what set is best to use. I am not sold on '55 Topps.....as this is a pre-war board (but it could still be the one, I just don't know). I do think Nick needs to get something for all of the work he will put into this so I really want his small take to go to him. This is NOT a money making project. Every single penny will be exposed, cost and sale-wise. There will be some expenses (paypal, shipping etc...) and those will have to be accounted for. I will put up the money for the set and I just want what I put into it back, after all is said and done. I don't want a penny otherwise. Nothing is set in stone. I think this will appeal to a lot of our members and isn't our hobby about having fun?