View Single Post
Old 08-03-2014, 10:32 AM
Nick C

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMBST95 View Post
I am definitely interested. I've done team box breaks in the past and they are a lot of fun, particularly if everyone is communicating via chat because you can cheer on and root against each other when the hits come. A chance for a Koufax, Clemente, or Killebrew rookie for a nominal cost would be well worth it.

The proposed method of running the generator with our buy in spots and then depending on where you finish on the list matches the card number is definitely less dramatic. If the cards could be revealed one at a time, it would build anticipation. With a box break, there's already some variability within the box so you don't know when the hit is coming. It'd be nice if we randomized the cards along with the buy in spots so you don't know when the hit is coming. I know it's more work, but makes for a fun online session, which is the point of the project, per Leon.

Also, not sure about your generator that you're using but there are 4 cards missing from the 55 set, so the random generator would need to know to exclude those numbers if trying to coincide each number in the generator with a card number as originally proposed.
Thanks for the input. We will definitely consider revealing the cards one by one to build anticipation.

-Nick