View Single Post
Old 01-14-2024, 04:31 PM
Ma.tt Whi.te

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValKehl View Post
Matt, like Mike P. in Post #6 above, I'm looking to purchase something in which to display some cards at the Feb. 10th get together in No. Va. I figure that whatever I purchase I will then use to display cards in my home. Until I saw your post, I was looking for a lockable tabletop display case like those used by dealers at card shows. These tend to be 3"-4" deep, which allows for the stacking of several slabbed cards, which is something I won't be doing.

Then, I saw your post and your link to a lockable bulletin/notice board, which is intended to be mounted to a wall. Matt, is the back of this notice board flat and fully suitable for use as a tabletop display case (I don't see any info re the back in the Amazon listing)? I realize that this type of product tends to be only 1/2' or so deep, which would allow for no more than two slabbed cards to be stacked, but I don't need depth as I don't do card shows. And, this type of product is significantly less costly than a "regular" display case. Thanks in advance for any further insight you can provide re this product.
I’ve used this exact case at multiple shows. Like you said, you can’t stack a ton of cards but you could do 2-3 with no issues. Has a lock, felt type bottom.

I have no need for the heavy metal/glass ones that you see at most shows so it works perfect.