View Single Post
Old 05-06-2020, 04:51 PM
Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tere1071 View Post
In December of last year, I purchased two 1953 Bowman commons in fair condition for 50 cents each. It was a nostalgia purchase, I had a handful as a much younger collector in the 1970s. My first one was Al Corwin in the pitching pose and later I bought the Mantle, Berra, Hodges, Campanella, Wynn and Feller, the Mantle in vg condition with no creases cost me $20! I sold them in 1980 to go to a debate camp in Arizona.

As I write this, I am down to 19 cards left to complete the set. My cards are mostly in vg-ex condition with a few slightly better and a few "placeholders" until something else better comes along. Almost everything has come from eBay purchases. Something tells me I needed to have started a bit earlier as prices have shot up since the middle of March.

The bigger cards I need are the Berra, Reese, Martin and Feller. I also need the Rizzuto, Fox and Boudreau. I'm missing eight common high numbers and four non-star commons. I just picked up a PSA Mantle over the weekend, it should arrive tomorrow. I'll display a little of my acquisitions and if anyone who reads this has any 53 Bowman color singles to sell, please contact me.
I finished the set yesterday, all eBay purchases. I should have the rest of the cards by early next week. I still have upgrading to do on about 30 or so cards.