View Single Post
Old 09-04-2018, 04:00 PM
Kyle May

Default My SGC Experience - National/Post National

Spoiler Alert: Overall, nothing short of excellent.

I picked my SGC submission up today after I wasn't home Friday/Saturday to sign for it. It was a drop-off, 20-day submission I left with them at National. 7 cards in total. They were at my doorstep (or my post office, actually) at the 21 day mark, meaning they were graded, slabbed, and shipped within the 20 days. I called twice - once to see if my grades popped since I never got an update email, and once to see when they would be shipped, again because I didn't receive an update email. I found their customer service to be stellar, helpful, and very professional. The genuineness of their service comes through over the phone, and I was very pleased with my experience.

When I opened the box and saw the slabs, they really popped. I don't know if it's the element of these being mine, but they were much more appealing today than they were when I saw them at National. The numbers are not as distracting as originally thought, and the near gray-scale look really allows the cards to have the spotlight.

I'm confused as to why the Cobb is an A and not a 1. I called and they don't have their notes system up and running yet, but were very helpful in offering a way for me to figure out why it received the grade it did. The other grades I'm VERY happy with.

I highly recommend people continue to use SGC, despite their growing pains and current system troubles.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Red Cobb Front.jpg (43.4 KB, 755 views)
File Type: jpg Lajoie Port Front.jpg (43.2 KB, 758 views)
File Type: jpg T206 Johnson Front.jpg (43.5 KB, 755 views)
File Type: jpg Averill Front.jpg (45.9 KB, 756 views)
File Type: jpg Grover Cleveland Front.jpg (49.8 KB, 753 views)
File Type: jpg Grover Hartley Front.jpg (42.8 KB, 756 views)
File Type: jpg Sisler Front.jpg (49.8 KB, 747 views)

- Hall of Famers
Progress: 318/340 (93.53%)

- Grover Hartley PC
Needs: T207 Anonymous Factory 25 Back, 1914 New York Evening Sun Supplements, 1917 D328 Weil Baking Co., and (possibly) 1917 Merchant's Bakery

- Jim Thome PC

- Cleveland Indians Franchise Hall of Fame