Thread: On the easel...
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2010, 10:51 PM
Graig Kreindler

The word 'succinct' is not in my vocabulary!!

I'm pretty sure that the guy in the right hand corner is pulling at some sort of barrier, perhaps a rope or something. I know it's hard to tell in the scan I provided, but that crowd in the foreground is actually being held back by a similar rope. For some reason, I haven't been able to upload anything to Photobucket for a few days, so I can't show a detail right now. Once I figure it out, I'll post a bigger shot.

Though, I do like that banner, David - who knew that Bobby Jones was a pimp?!

And Mark, that's kind of what it comes down to. It's weird that I see the world in the way that I do. Well, maybe not weird, but you know what I mean. I just can't not dissect every bit of information I have in front of me. And I know that most of it comes from going to art school and all, especially considering the teachers I had there. But yeah, it just seems like I'm always drawn to the way light falls on things. And that doesn't have to be bright light or anything, but just the concept of it in general.

I guess that's why I paint the way I paint. Someone like Ron Stark might paint the way he paints for a completely different reason, and the same goes for Purdom, Neiman and the like. And by no means is that a bad thing, it's just that different things inspire us to create what we do. I think that's really the true meaning of the word 'style' when it comes to painting. It's not necessarily what school of rules you follow, it's what inspires you to get up and paint in the first place.

Alright, I'm really shutting up now. Succinct! Succinct! Succinct!!