View Single Post
Old 11-18-2009, 06:41 AM
Steve F
St.eve F@llet.ti

Default OT, Heartwarming. Please read.

A week ago I had made a comment in another thread, appealing for 'no longer needed computer peripherals'. For my son's High School computer workstations in W Africa.

I received an email from JimVB and he asked if there was anything else the kids needed. Mike had asked me earlier in the week, "If you can find anyone with an old Play Station 2, we (The American volunteers) could use it here!!!" They have a TV in the Peace Corps' office that receives two channels one is grainy, French soap operas and they could use a diversion.

Getting to the point., I receive the items below from JimVB. Yes, all brand new. They'll be thrilled! On behalf of the Burkina Peace Corps kids, my deepest thankyou Jim. You went well above and beyond!

Also I want to thank AnthonyS for his box of optical computer mouses. I have received a good amount of peripherals thusfar and will begin packing them up this weekend.

The clearly-out-of-their-element American teachers begin to cruise the wild streets of Burkina. Later, they were charged by a pair of bull elephants protecting their herd and the guide was unable to load the shotgun because he brought the wrong shells! Luckily, the truck struck a small tree that must have startled the beasts.

"No, we're not in Boston anymore."

Pardon my lengthy post. Gratefully, Steve F