View Single Post
Old 08-16-2002, 02:02 PM
Administrator

Default you have to be kidding me

Posted By: Dan Mathewson

Chuck-

I echo your sentiments completely. I agree that this board frequently has heated discussions. Personally, I always try to maintain very well mannered and thoughtful posts, sometimes lengthy to make a point, and I will be in the middle of many an argument here, especially when a person is being dishonest and misrepresenting himself or his auctions or cards, etc.

I'll break out the neon to broadcast it, too. I will not stoop to petty bragging and name-calling and shouting, which happens with a select few persons. That is just distasteful. And, it's usually the response of someone who's cornered and has no reasonable or logical defense for what they are doing to other people. I will work toward a logical, well argued point, however.

Good, lively discussions and arguments are healthy and educational. They bring the truth to light about a lot of dishonest trading in the Vintage Card community. We need to know who the scoundrels and cheaters and liars are. And, as much, we need to know who the people are who are reputable, honorable, and represent integrity in trading.

I very much appreciate Grade Tech's position and their representation of themselves as willing to correct thier own stuff in an attempt at constant self-improvement. You didn't see them come in here calling people names and shouting at the rain. They were very professional, well-spoken and humble, and that is often built on integrity. I look forward to what they have to offer.

-dan