View Single Post
Old 11-16-2015, 10:44 AM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Location: https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/mysetregistry/set/348387

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetsBaseball1973 View Post
Well said. +1.

I think many folks, like myself, want one or have wanted one with much desire, but the card has taken another of its periodical "surges" you mention.

When one misses the boat like this, a human being has two ways they can react (of course among others)...

One choice is to work harder to try and obtain one ASAP.

The other choice is to soothe oneself by saying, "The card price is gonna crash, so I'm actually happy that I can't get one right now."

I am not deluding myself. The card is an icon to any baseball card collector, and even "hobby outsiders" I have met greet that card with a pure smile.

I am choosing to work harder and one day get one.

I think to wait ten years or even five for something I love-- when life can be nasty, brutish, and short, as the saying goes---- is folly. Especially when realizing that history, lots of history, says the card---- and undoubtedly its nicer specimens in each and every grade---- will keep rising in price. Especially when the view that prices will suddenly come down out of nowhere in ten years is likely (in my own opinion, thinking from a psychology point of view) a view that comes from a place of not having what one desires.

In summation, I tip my cap to those who already own one (a double tip of the cap if the card is even partially centered!). It must give you gentlemen much pleasure to hold and look at. I will know that pleasure soon.
yeah like you said there are more ways to react than just two.......but prices just don't continue to come up or you cant assume that ...I remember they said that about real estate.....there is a thing called price adjustment...anyway we shall see in 5-10 years......you can post something on the that time capsule thread I started and open it 10 years from now and can show how you were right..

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 11-16-2015 at 10:44 AM.