View Single Post
Old 12-05-2017, 08:48 AM
Steve Birmingham

I was a few years behind, and ticketmaster had pretty much ended the getting tickets from smaller shops. The record stores yes, but sub shops were out of it as far as I know.

The last ones I bought ended up being really funny. The outlet for the Centrum was maybe ticketron? ticket master? I forget which. The local place was Tower records which I really didn't want to go to. Tried Newbury Comics across the parking lot, and they didn't carry them. But when I said I hated tower and would almost skip the show rather than buy from them. (I could have just driven to Worcester, but that would mean taking a day off work) They looked up where the competitors other locations were. Good news! It was in Filenes in the mall across the street.
So I bought my Pantera/White Zombie tickets from the little old ladies at the filenes service counter. Of course they had to show where they were on the map of the centrum.
"Oh, here's a concert layout. Do you think they're playing in the round?"
"Ummmm.... Probably not"

And to get back on track, keep the writing. It's a really neat bit of history, and considering the venue size probably not at all common.