View Single Post
Old 03-20-2011, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Zipper View Post
Thanks everyone for the insight and opinions. Good catch on the top of the "B" Bob and the "R" in Ryan being almost identical.

I purchased this from B&J Collectibles (NJ) in 1998. My heart sank when I was recently reading Operation Bullpen and B&J's name came up as being a buyer of Marino forgeries. I wasn't totally convinced however because B&J did sell some legitimate stuff as well as conduct private signings.

I just couldn't get past the Feller on this ball and my gut told me I had been duped. My experience is that when you have a bad feeling about a collectible, you are usually correct.

Well, feel free to save the images herein and file them under "Marino Family Forgeries."
Mr. Zipper,
Welcome to the club!

BTW, I recently found out that I had been duped on a vintage signature that I purchased for my own collection. I believed that I purchased this signature from someone that was trustworthy, but that was not the case.

Obviously I won't be buying from this seller any more. The only good news to be had is that I learned fairly early on with this guy and have learned a valuable lesson.