View Single Post
Old 10-25-2018, 12:03 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Well, there are quite a few 3 day shows and a 4 day show but no other National types (4-5 days) where people fly in from coast to coast in anywhere close to the numbers the National gets. It's too bad. And I don't see it changing soon, unfortunately. I wouldn't doubt some more regional shows pop up though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValKehl View Post
DJ, I think "more is better" to an extent. In fact, I think the hobby will eventually get to 3-4 Nationals a year - each in a different season, and each in a different geographical area of the country. Now then, this may adversely affect a few of the large regional shows (e.g., the Chantilly Show). I have little doubt that the major dealers, auction houses, TPGs, etc. would attend all of these Nationals. As I see it, REA is a good example for "more is better." REA went from 1 auction per year to 2 auctions per year to 3 auctions per year (beginning in 2019); and, REA is attending lots of regional shows nowdays (and so are several other auction houses). The risk to major hobby players for not attending the hobby's major shows is "snooze, you lose" IMHO.